|Greater location(s)||Donkey Kong Island|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong 64|
Cranky sells potions that allow the Kongs to learn new moves. They become accessible once the Kong has reached a certain Level of the game, at which point they will be available whenever the Kong enters Cranky's Lab, regardless of what level the lab is on.
- Simian Slam (Buttus Bashium) - Free: DK Isles
- Super Simian Slam (Big Buttus Bashium) - 5 Banana Coins: Fungi Forest
- Super Duper Simian Slam (Bigga Buttus Bashium) - 7 Banana Coins: Creepy Castle
- Baboon Blast (Barrelum Perilous) - 3 Banana Coins: Jungle Japes
- Strong Kong (Strongum Kongus) - 5 Banana Coins: Angry Aztec
- Gorilla Grab (Simium Strainus) - 7 Banana Coins: Frantic Factory
- Chimpy Charge (Hurtus Cranium) - 3 Banana Coins: Jungle Japes
- Rocketbarrel Boost (Boostum Highus) - 5 Banana Coins: Angry Aztec
- Simian Spring (Leapus Largium) - 7 Banana Coins: Frantic Factory
- Orangstand (Palmus Walkum) - 3 Banana Coins: Angry Aztec
- Baboon Balloon (Baboonus Balloonus) - 5 Banana Coins: Frantic Factory
- Orangstand Sprint (Palmus Dashium) - 7 Banana Coins: Crystal Caves
- Mini Monkey (Kongum Smallus) - 3 Banana Coins: Angry Aztec
- Pony Tail Twirl (Roundum Roundus) - 5 Banana Coins: Frantic Factory
- Monkeyport (Warpum Craftious) - 7 Banana Coins: Crystal Caves
- Hunky Chunky (Kremlinous Crushum) - 3 Banana Coins: Frantic Factory
- Primate Punch (Sandwichium Knucklus) - 5 Banana Coins: Frantic Factory
- Gorilla Gone (Wheresim Gonium) - 7 Banana Coins: Crystal Caves
Cranky's Lab has one more key purpose in the game. After Donkey Kong receives the Simian Slam potion, Cranky informs him that he has a real treat for him if he manages to collect 15 Banana Medals. The first time the Kongs visit Cranky's Lab after accomplishing this, he will give the player the choice to play the Jetpac arcade game on his computer, giving them the opportunity to collect the Rareware Coin, which will be crucial at the end of the game. From then on, the player will be able to play Jetpac whenever they visit Cranky's Lab, though once the Rareware Coin is collected, it is only for fun.
- Due to a glitch in the game, beginning from the time that the player first enters Cranky's Lab with 15 or more Banana Medals, the dialog that Cranky gives whenever a Kong claims a new potion is the default text for the case in which a Kong is capable of claiming more than one potion during the same visit.
- Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong are the only two Kongs to not undergo side-effects of drinking the potion. The other three Kongs whom where introduced in this game go through different side effects for a brief moment: Lanky Kong's head enlarges which results in falling backwards to the floor, Tiny Kong's torso and limbs shrink down and she spins in a circle and falls just like Lanky, and Chunky Kong's entire torso and limbs inflate like a balloon.