|Greater location(s)||Donkey Kong Island|
|Inhabitant(s)||Various Bitesizes, Croctopi, Chomps Jr.s,|
|First Appearance||Donkey Kong Country (GBC) (2000)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong Country (GBA) (2003)|
Funky's Fishing, (called Funky Fishing in the Game Boy Color version), is a minigame run by Funky in the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance versions of Donkey Kong Country. In it, Donkey and Diddy must catch certain types of fish, usually Bitesizes of many colors, some Croctopi, and Chomps Jr. There is a Funky's Fishing per world, and a different challenge for each one while only one kind exists in the Game Boy Color remake and is in the "Bonus" option in the selection screen.
In this game, the lead Kong rides on Enguarde, with a fishing rod in hand, and the players can control the hook to catch fish. With the D-Pad, players must put the hook low, wait for a fish to pass by, and reel up, and aim the fish into the other Kong's boat, where they are held. Above them is be an odd time bar that slowly decreases over time. By hauling in more than two fish at a time, a "combo" bonus will be added and extra time and bonus points depending on how big the combo was. Hauling in something that Funky did not request will lower the time limit.
There is a Funky's Fishing found in every area of Donkey Kong Island. When they finish one, a Photograph is awarded, and if the Kongs happen to reel in a rare crab that passes by the ocean floor, they will receive a special photograph. These were required to get the 101% completion.
- Kongo Jungle: Twenty Red Fish. Simply catch twenty red colored Bitesizes.
- Monkey Mines: Croctopus Crull. Manage to get Croctopi.
- Vine Valley: Chump Chomps. Haul in ten Chomps Jr..
- Gorilla Glacier: Squidgin Time. This one has the highest requirement; fifty Squidges.
- Kremkroc Industries, Inc.: Out with the Trash. Funky, upset with the pollution, wants the Kongs to get ten bottles.
- Chimp Caverns Let's Go a Kombo'in. The Kongs must collect combos of the same-colored Bitesizes.