|Residence||The Fruit Kingdoms|
|Powers/Abilities||Super Strength, |
|Games||Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Ghastly King is a monsters gorilla-like beast with dark purple fur mix in with light purple on his arms, a silver belt around his waist (which bears a resembles to a Crest), he has bronze-like colored skin, he has five fingers with black finger nails on each one, five toes, and a Mohawk around his neck that look like feathers, he has yellow eyes with no eye lids, pointy ears and a massive gaping jaw that resembles a jack-o-lantern's mouth (with pink energy in his mouth), he has white spike-y hair on his head that looks like thrones, in terms of size, he is ten times larger then Donkey Kong, the four Kong Bosses and the four Hog bosses (he is about the same size as a tie between the Rocs and Tusks bosses), he is basically a Cactus King look-a-like in the game.
Before reaching him, Donkey Kong must go through the same exact level he went through to fight Cactus King, only much harder with new added placed enemies and hazards in the level.
At the chamber, Ghastly King will be mounted on top of a large Final Butapoppo, when the fight begins, Final Butapoppo will launch a continuous stream of red flames from it's snout, Donkey Kong must use the Sound Wave Attack to deflect the flames and eventually stun it by doing so. He can then attack the stunned Hawg by punching it; it takes fifteen punches to defeat it. After doing so, Ghastly King will destroy his mount by landing on it and will fight Donkey Kong head on, much like all of the other bosses fought before hand, Ghastly King has 500 HP, at first, Ghastly King will fight in a similar way to Cactus King, he can do a low kick at Donkey Kong, can do a high kick at Donkey Kong and can use his claws to swipe at Donkey Kong when he attempts to do a punch out-est style at Ghastly King similar to the Kong bosses (all three of these attacks are powerful enough to send Donkey Kong flying into a wall), this time however, he has three new attacks, Ghastly King can now do a down kick sweep at Donkey Kong, can do high jump kick at Donkey Kong, and can now spew out green energy balls at Donkey Kong from his mouth, he can also fire them at any angle such as down or up and can sometimes spew two to three energy balls at a time, Donkey Kong can defect them by using Sound Waves, other wise, fight him as you would with Cactus King.
After all of his health has been depleted, Ghastly King will roar in defeat twice, before falling on his knees and dropping head-first to the ground, thus Donkey Kong will beat on his chest in victory, the Fruit Kingdoms are saved and the player has completed the game
- Ghastly King is one of the strongest and most powerful villains in the entire Donkey Kong franchise, being one of the few villains to actual have supernatural powers.
- Much like Cactus King, if the Final Butapoppo is considered as part of the boss fight, then Ghastly King has the most health out of any boss in the game.
- Ghastly King is the second Kong boss fight in the game with the game-play that is not a Punch-Out!-esk fight, the first being Cactus King.
- While not conferred, it is most likely possible that Cactus King and Ghastly King are the same character, as both bosses have similar move sets, additionally, both Cactus King and Ghastly King's level select are on the same Moon Barrel.
- As such, if both Cactus King and Ghastly King are same character, and how Ghastly King (not counting the new versions of the Kong, Roc, Hog and Tusk bosses) is fought twice, then Ghastly King does in fact have the most health out of any boss in Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, having 1000 HP in total (1030 HP if the Final Butapoppo in both fights are considered as part of the boss fights).
- It looks as if he put a spell on the Kong kings because, after defeating him, Dread Kong, Karate Kong, Ninja Kong and Sumo Kong celebrate Ghastly King's defeat and don't attack Donkey Kong, but cheer him on instead.
|Baby Donkey Kong | Baby Kong | Bink | Bluster Kong | Cactus King | Candy Kong | Chunky Kong | Cranky Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Donkey Kong | Donkey Kong Jr. | Dread Kong | Eddie | Funky Kong | Giant Donkey Kong | Ghastly King | Karate Kong | Kiddy Kong | Kong Fu | Lanky Kong | Ninja Kong | Robot Candy Clone | Sumo Kong | Swanky Kong | Tiny Kong | Wrinkly Kong|
|Types of Kong|
|Chained Kong | Skong | Kong | Manky Kong|