|Mine Cart Carnage|
Donkey and Diddy in their Mine Cart.
|Theme||Mine Cart Madness
|Notable Features||First Mine Cart stage|
First appearance of a Warp Barrel
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country|
Mine Cart Carnage is the first Mine Cart stage having Donkey and Diddy ride an unstoppable Mine Cart through a long series of mine rails, most of which are torn apart, meaning the two have to jump their Mine Cart to the other side. The stage is laid out for the Mine Cart to grab many bonuses at high risk of falling off the track. Also, several Mine Carts can be found abandoned on the rails as well, which causes a Kong to lose a life on contact. There are also a few Krashes thrown in. Nine Krashes total are found in this stage (six in the Japanese version).
A convenient shortcut involves the Kongs jumping over the starting launching barrel at the beginning of the stage, and falling to the left into an Auto-Fire Barrel which then shoots them into the Warp Barrel, placing them near the end of the stage, before the last Krash.
Collectibles and secrets
- Bananas: 103
- K: Found by jumping the first gap on the Mine Cart.
- O: After an early slanted sideways gap.
- N: Found along the way of the first few abandoned mine carts.
- G: A short distance after the fifth Krash.
- Red: A tricky one to get, it is gotten by jumping over the first Krash and making an early jump to the next platform to land on the below one. May take practice.
- Animal Token:
- Enguarde the Swordfish: found after the "O" letter where the track goes up and suddenly travels down, the player must jump when going down to reach a sideways floating rail to get it.
- DK Barrels:
- One is found right at the start of the stage.
- The second is found near the Star Barrel.
- Star Barrel: On the floating rail-platform after the Enguarde Animal Token.
- Warp Barrel: Jump over the starting auto-fire barrel, fall below it, and move a little to the left.
- A photo can be found above the Warp Barrel.
- The Krash found at the end of the stage is infamous for defeating Donkey and Diddy unexpectedly.
- This stage is considered harder than and even has greater length than Mine Cart Madness, a later stage found in the game.
- This level's background later reappears in the level Misty Mine.