|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country Returns|
Poppin' Planks is the eighth stage in Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, as well as the first stage in the Beach. It is preceded by Mugly's Mound and followed by Sloppy Sands.
- Barrels: 3
- DK Barrels: 2
- Wooden Barrels: 1
- Banana Coins: 7
- Hearts: 4
- K: Near the beginning of the stage, the primates travel across some spikes by using a few thin areas of land. Wooden platforms are placed above these small areas, and the first of the platforms holds the letter K. It can be reached by jumping off of the high area of land between two groups of spikes.
- O: When the heroes reach the stage's only weight platforms, they can stand on the platform on the right side of the weight to make the left side move up. If they quickly jump up to the left weight and then hop off the opposite side of it before they weigh it down, they can come up to the letter O above a solid bridge.
- N: After the fifth Puzzle Piece, the primates can find a few ship parts bobbing out of the water to be used as platforms. The letter N is on the second of these ship parts.
- G: Near the end of the stage when the Kongs find a few yellow Snaggles jumping out at them, they can find the letter G on a platform that moves in a vertical path.
- 1. When the Kongs approach the first peg in the stage, they can pound on it to make another peg appear near some wooden platforms. They can reach the platforms if they use this new peg. On the end of the second platform, the Puzzle Piece can be found.
- 2. Shortly after the letter K, the primates can find a sunken ship in the background. If they pound on the peg right in front of it, they can make a Barrel Cannon appear from underground. The barrel shoots them into the sunken ship, where the heroes must defeat two Pinchlies to find the second Puzzle Piece.
- 3. Immediately after being blasted back to shore from the sunken ship with the second Puzzle Piece, the Kongs come up to another peg. If they pound on it, a treasure chest appears that holds the third Puzzle Piece.
- 4. If the Kongs pound open the treasure chest immediately after the checkpoint, they can find a Puzzle Piece in it.
- 5. Soon after the location of the fourth Puzzle Piece, the Kongs can find a stray cannon. If they pound on it, it shoots a cannonball at the remains of a crashed ship, which then falls down to an area that the Kongs can reach. If they hop into the remains, they can enter a Bonus Stage, where they must shoot back and fourth between two Barrel Cannons to collect many bananas and two Banana Coins, without shooting into the Auto Fire Barrel in the center of the area. If they manage to collect everything, a Puzzle Piece appears.