Puftoss's sprite from Donkey Kong 64.
|Affiliates||Unknown, possibly Kremling Krew|
|Games||Donkey Kong 64|
|First Apppearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
|Latest Appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
He spits fireballs at Lanky Kong which can toss him around then later begins also sending large blue body-shockwaves which instantly kill Lanky Kong if they hit him. After awhile, he starts sending out smaller puftups which must be avoided, since Lanky can't fight them on a motor-boat. To defeat him, Lanky must pilot his boat through the DK stars around the arena. Each star makes a pole from the water rise up, and when all five have surfaced, they will electrocute Pufftoss. This must be done five times to win. After passing through the first star, a time limit begins to get to the next star, and after each successful shock, the stars and time limit get smaller. After being defeated, he will "pop" and deflate like a balloon before retreating underwater to recover from his wounds and surrender his key.
It is unknown if Puftoss is working for King K. Rool or not because he is not seen afterwards. He may be simply be guarding his territory in the galleon. For some reason, his face is completely different than regular puftups, but that may be because he has a defect out of being huge.
- Puftoss' fireball attacks can be avoided if Lanky keeps driving and doesn't stop.
- When Puftoss roars loudly, it's going to use the Shockwave attack. This can be avoided by staying close to the outside of the arena.
- When Puftoss is looking at the sky, it is tossing fireballs up there and they start to rain down. This attack can be tricky to avoid due to the random spots the fireballs will land.
- Sometimes, Puftoss will spit up Puftups that will follow him at great speed. Keep driving the boat will avoid this easily.
- Never jump during this battle. Not only does it not help in avoiding the Shockwave attack but it leaves Lanky open to the fireball attack due to the second lag whenever Lanky lands. Just stick to driving around and staying close to the edge to avoid attacks.
|Donkey Kong 64 Bosses|
|Army Dillo • Dogadon • Mad Jack • Puftoss • King Kut Out • King K. Rool|