Screech's artwork from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
|Leader||Kaptain K. Rool|
|Enemies||Squawks, Kong Family|
|Games||Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest |
Donkey Kong Land 2
In Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Screech appears as a mini-boss of sorts in the area The Flying Krock. Instead of battling Screech directly, Diddy and Dixie Kong would instead race him as Squawks after transforming into him using an Animal Barrel; the race against Screech takes place in the brambles and Zinger-filled "Screech's Sprint" and would end once either Screech or Squawks crossed a finish line composed of Bananas. If Squawks were to lose against Screech, he would also lose a life and have to race him again. Once Screech was beaten, Diddy and Dixie Kong could gain access to Kaptain K. Rool's airship, the Flying Krock.
Evidently surviving the exploding and sinking of Crocodile Isle, Screech makes a return in Donkey Kong Land 2, once again standing between Dixie and Diddy Kong and Kaptain K. Rool; Screech would have to be raced again by Squawks and beaten to reach The Flying Krock.
- According to the game's credits, Screech belongs to the "Lazy Landlubbers" enemy class.
- Screech has a resemblance to a species of bird known as a Golden Eagle.
- The evil parrot Polly Roger from the Donkey Kong Country animated series may be based loosely off of Screech.
- Screech has his own theme music which plays when he is being raced. In the Game Boy Advance remake of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Screech's theme music plays while Diddy and Dixie (transformed into Rambi the Rhinoceros) are being chased through the last stretch of the level "Rambi Rumble" by King Zing.
- Screech and Squawks are considered, by some, to be arch-rivals.