|Theme||Cave Dweller Concert|
|Notable Features||Squawks with a flashlight|
|Enemies Encountered||Mincers, Klumps, and Krushas|
|Game(s)||Donkey Kong Country|
Torchlight Trouble is the fifth stage of Gorilla Glacier and fourth cave stage in Donkey Kong Country. This is also the first and only appearance of Squawks. The area is pitch dark (less so in the GBA version) and Squawks helps Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong along the way with a torchlight in his talons. There are five Klumps, eight Mincers, six Krushas, and a single Klaptrap.
From the start of the stage, Squawks will meet up with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. They need to hop platform to platform, while defeating some Klumps and jumping over some Oil Drums. Then they will need to climb onto a platform that helps them cross an abyss. Then, the Kongs must jump to another platform to cross an abyss and repeat this step again. Then the Kongs must jump over Oil Drums while on the next platform and jump to reach the Star Barrel. Next, the Kongs must crawl under a wall and walk over a bumpy path and jump over many Mincers and Krushas. Next, they need to jump on a platform leading them up the high ledge. After that, the Kongs must jump over a few more foes until reaching the exit sign.
- Squawks the Parrot: On the start of the stage.
- Star Barrel: Shortly after the "O", on a lower stage platform.
- DK Barrels:
- One is found directly at the start, by jumping to the far left of the screen.
- Another shortly after the "O".
- Bananas: 29 (does not count bonus stages)
- K-O-N-G Letters:
- K: Near the bottom of the first pit. Diddy Kong should cartwheel to get it and roll back.
- O: In the middle of the pit with the floating platform
- N: In a pit where the floating platform is moving up and down after a lone Mincer.
- G: Found in a bonus stage at the end, where the wooden barrel must be used on the wall near the exit to reveal it.