|Diddy Kong Racing Track|
|Balloon # Required||16, 22 (Silver Coin Challenge)|
|Transportation||Car, Hovercraft, & Plane|
|<< List of Tracks>>|
The beginning of the course is fairly straightforward but depending on the vehicle chosen by the racers can be taken in one of two ways; if using a car or hovercraft racers will take a bridge over a waterfall through to a tunnel in the cliff-side. If in a plane, racers can veer to the right over the water and take a zipper near some pinnacles. Plane racers can either go through the same tunnel as other racers or can alternatively go through a second tunnel in the cliff-face. All racers will then converge at a stone arch before entering a gloomy looking cave containing a shipwreck. Within the cave the track is bordered by green water, there is a zipper for terrestrial racers while plane racers can access a rainbow balloon. The cave later narrows down into a small torch lit tunnel that curves to the left before exiting at the starting line.
Coin Challenge Locations
Like other levels, Treasure Caves is filled with eight coins, scattered all around the area. The coins only appear after player has beaten Bubbler the Octopus for the first time.
- Directly ahead of the starting line, by the cliff wall.
- Immediately after exiting the short tunnel on the right, slightly hidden when coming over the hill.
- Directly ahead of the zipper under the stone arch.
- Just beyond the #7 coin, on the left hand side of the track.
- At the entrance to the final tunnel, on the left side.
- On the tunnel side of the bridge, on the very right hand side beyond the zipper.
- Under the shipwreck to the right side of the track.
- At the entrance to the final tunnel, on the right side.
- Treasure Caves shares its track music with Pirate Lagoon