|Diddy Kong Racing Track|
|Balloon # Required||9, 17 (Silver Coin Challenge)|
|<< List of Tracks>>|
The track is a very basic almost exclusively water based level. There is a zipper immediately ahead of the starting line which boost the player towards a row of a variety of balloons. Just beyond the next zipper the player has the choice to either continue upon the water near the wall of the bay and go through another zipper, or they can jet over the sandbars and rocks. Alternatively, the player can drive up the back of one of the whales the bay was named after and come out on the deck of a pirate ship. This is a form of shortcut whereupon the player can drop off the pirate ship and out onto open water, bypassing the sandbars and turn. There is one other zipper just as the sandbars end and the track loops back to the starting line.
Coin Challenge Locations
Like other levels, Whale Bay is filled with eight coins, scattered all around the area. The coins only appear after player has beaten Bubbler the Octopus for the first time.
- Just in front of the zipper just ahead of the starting line.
- Just in front of the line of balloons on the first turn.
- In open water just beyond the balloons.
- In front of the second zipper.
- In open water before the player must choose between the sandbars or the pirate ship.
- On a rock beyond the first sandbar.
- In the last zipper.
- In open water just ahead of the starting line.